Who do you dress for: yourself or the public?

I dress for the image. Not for myself, not for the public, not for fashion, not for men. Marlene Dietrich quote
Text says:
I dress for the image.
Not for myself, not for the public, 
not for fashion, not for men.
Marlene Dietrich
Who do you dress for? Do you dress for yourself, the public, your partner , your niche community?

I don't know anyone who solely dresses for themselves. I mean a 100% for themselves!!! I strongly believe a lot of people would be looking raggedy and beaten with funkiness if societies didn't have a norm of decency. If you are religious many religions have restrictions on what they expect you NOT to wear to be considered a "good member" of their sect.
If you are employed you dress according to your employer's guidelines. The most expressive I have seen working is at Hot Topic, Spencer's and other alternative stores. Even those stores abide by the norm of decency. (Top, bottom and shoes.) 

When a person especially a females is in a relationship it's not uncommon to see her dressing to please her mate. When someone is interested in a niche community even they can be bullied into looking a certain way to meet other's overwhelming standards if they are not careful.

What about you , who do you dress for the most?

Coming up in the next blogisode:
 Who do I dress For and Why

About Marlene Dietrich (according to Wikipedia)
Marie Magdalene "Marlene" Dietrich was a German-American actress and singer. Dietrich remained popular throughout her long career by continually re-inventing herself, professionally and characteristically.

Quote graphic code: 



Hi! If you haven't signed up for my blog already please do!

Until next time,